**********AT THE FAMILY’S REQUEST THIS MISSION IS NOW A STAND DOWN!!!**********
The family of PFC Billy Joe Vickers, USMC, Vietnam (KIA), has invited the Patriot Guard Riders to participate in the dedication of a bridge in his honor, May 6, 2017 near Milton, WV. Billy Joe was a school mate of WVPGR member Larry Ronk, and Billy Joe’s name is on The Wall (panel 48E, line 55); he lost his life while serving with A CO, 1st BN, 7th Marines, 1st MARDIV, III MAF as a rifleman Private First Class on April 8, 1968 in Quang Nam Province, Vietnam.
We will depart the staging area together, ride a distance of approximately 9 miles through the countryside to the event location, and will stand up a flag line for the dedication ceremony. The bridge being dedicated is on Mud River Road, at the Girl Scout Camp; we need to be there by 1230.
PRIMARY STAGING DETAILS: 06 May 2017
- Primary Staging Time: 1145 A.M.
- Date: May 6, 2017
Staging location: Sheetz gas station just off the Milton exit of I-64 (Exit 28) https://tinyurl.com/ko4uhyv
- Milton, West Virginia –
- Ride Captain:
- RCIC: Larry Ronk (Temp RC)
- Special Instructions:
- Staging time: Please be there no later than 1145; food, fuel and restrooms available; KSU at 1200
Ceremony begins: 1300
- Flags & Water:
- Flags Will NOT Be Provided, Please Bring Your Own.
- Large Bike Flags will NOT be needed.
- Water WILL NOT be provided, please bring your own.
Submitted By: Delores Minear
Position: State HOTH Coordinator